Michael Basler wrote:
I have found the same problems. I think it is related to using
gcc 3.2 on recent cygwin.

Thanks, Richard, good to know it's not just my fault.

gcc 3.2 doesn't look in /usr/local/* by default, so you need to
add it manually (set CXXFLAGS and LDFLAGS appropriately). There
must be a simpler and more automated solution, but my knowledge
of the auto tools is insufficient to fix it.

Curt, could you, please, fix this (shouldn't be hard for an expert, I
guess...).
Why should configure automatically add /usr/local/include to the search path and not (for example) /opt/include?

Erik