David Megginson wrote:
> Dave Perry writes:
> > I flew the j3cub again and I take back my assesment of the climb and
> > glide.  It appears that it starts with significant nose down trim.
>
> The Cub should start at neutral trim -- is there something else
> (i.e. your joystick) pushing the trim forward?  What is the value of
> the /controls/elevator-trim property when you start up?

By default, YASim will fix the neutral trim point to the specified
cruise conditions.  If the actual wheel in the aircraft is not at
neutral/zero trim under those conditions, it will appear to be off.

You can add a property setting in the <cruise> section to correct
this.  If the real aircraft would have the wheel at, say, 30% nose
down at cruise speed (with 50% fuel, which YASim currently hardcodes
as "cruise weight") you can add:

<cruise ...>
  <control-setting axis="/controls/elevator-trim" value="0.3"/>
</cruise>

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross        Beyond the Ordinary        Plausibility Productions
Sole Proprietor       Beneath the Infinite       Hillsboro, OR