"Curtis L. Olson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't want to add a bunch of threads if the only reason is that
> threads looked cool and fun when we studied them in a computer science
> class, and there is one person with a machine that could benefit.

I think I have to give further explanation to my initial posting. I don't
want to push anyone to put pieces of FlightGear into thread. Although the
discussion has been quite interesting my primary interest in this case is to
be shure Curt feels comfortable whatever comes out of it.

> Did anyone say if this multi-cpu machine had an accelerated opengl
> graphics system?  If it doesn't then this whole discussion is
> pointless. :-)

>> LOL, okay.  Stumped :) Hey how about no display at all...

Currently the machine has no display at all, but I can plug an appropriate
OpenGL card that's left over from another system  :-)

Martin.