> There has been work started on very impressive 3D clouds.  That said
> there's a lot that FlightGear has them MSFS probably never will have.

That sounds great. :)
I tried to compile the cvs version last night but got an error, do you have
a screenshot of those 3d clouds?

BTW maybe you can help me with that error of the cvs version:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../src/Include -I../.. -I../../src
-I/usr/X11R6/include
-DPKGLIBDIR=\"/usr/local/games/flightgear-cvs/lib/FlightGear\" -g -O2 -c -o
main.o `test -f main.cxx || echo './'`main.cxx
main.cxx:42: simgear/screen/extensions.hxx: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [main.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/oliver/x/src/flightgear-cvs/source/src/Main'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/oliver/x/src/flightgear-cvs/source/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Sounds like an error with SimGear.
Do i need to install the cvs version of simgear
or is SimGear 0.3.3 new enough?

> Not
> the least of which is the fact that if you know how to program you can get
> those cool clouds before MSFS 2004 gets released by finishing the work that
> was started by someone  else.  And you won't have to shell out $50 every
> year or two to the selfish little pseudogeek's empire anymore.

Yes, i allready started learning OpenGL. :)
I bought a book about OpenGL and i am on page 255 of 433 at the moment
but i still need some weeks/months for the rest (including learning how plib
and flighgear works).

Best Regards,
 Oliver C.