"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> > go to http://www.first-day.org and rummage around in the jpgs directory
> >

> Thanks, those clouds look good on the screenshot but it would be interesing
> to see how they look and behave in game when fyling into them.
>
> I managed to compile the cvs version, now it works
> but when i try to start it with the option --enable-clouds3d
> it gives me the following error message:
>
> Unknown option '--enable-clouds3d'

It looks like all you need to do is go into the SimGear/simgear/scene/sky
directory and uncomment the "SUBDIR" line in the Makefile.am file.  This is
the way building the 3d clouds was disabled in the last release.  Other than
that, I'm not exactly sure how well they are working.

They need more work, the most significant step would be moving the rendering
over to a plib scene graph.

BTW if you are reading about Open GL, you might find plib interesting.  It can
save a lot of programming time, not to mention it provides a 3D application
framework (which FlightGear is using).  You may find it useful to work at
learning the plib API and then eventually digging deeper to understand the
underling Open GL work.

Best,

Jim