Alex Perry writes:
> I have been wondering whether the Outlook autorun feature
> could conveniently be used to assist Windows users who would
> like to use FlightGear.  They sign up for the mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] as usual and their
> start of subscription mail message has a PIF attachment
> that autoinstalls FlightGear.  Thereafter, whenever we
> have a version upgrade, the announcement is copied to that
> mailing list ... together with a PIF autorun attachment
> that will apply the upgrade without user intervention.
>
> Convenient, no ?

Hehe, Several years ago when the windows email virus/worm stuff
started to become popular, I saw a similar proposal (that actually
sounded quite plausible) for installing linux on the person's machine
via this outlook email hole.

Fortunately, it appears that the linux people that are sharp enough to
pull this off have more useful/ethical things to do.

But I suppose that would be one way to fight the market share
wars. :-)

Curtis Olson   HumanFIRST Program               FlightGear Project
Twin Cities    curt 'at' me.umn.edu             curt 'at' flightgear.org