Norman Vine wrote:
> Several recent patches that were checked in with the following
> log entry
>
> """
> This patch is there to correct a problem that prevent to load static objects when
> specifying
> a relative fg-root or a different, relative, fg-scenery.
> It appears that there is a mix between fg-root, fg-scenery and PLIB's model-dir.
> It has been reported on the list that users are not able to see the buildings,
> especially those running the win32 builds because they run 'runfgfs.bat' that set
> FG_ROOT=./DATA.
> """
>
> appear to break FGFS when running from a different directory
> then FG_ROOT.
>
> We operated for a long time without this and I do not understand
> what suddenly required this change
>
> i.e. IMHO we do *not* wnat to do this
> void FGTileMgr::update_queues()
> {
> ssgEntity *obj_model =
> globals->get_model_lib()->load_model( ".",
> dm->get_model_path(),
> globals->get_props(),
> globals->get_sim_time_sec() );
> }
>
> Can we please back out these changes so as to have a more
> flexible system again. If there is a problem with how FGFS is
> launched under Windows we can fix it in a better way.

I am responsible for this patch. I realize now that I did all of my
testing with the current directory set to fg-root.

But the old behaviour was not satisfactory because all that is
said in the log is true.

So give me some hours to check if it can be done correctly
instead of trading a wrong behaviour for another one.

Cheers,
-Fred