[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes

Innis Cunningham wrote:

> FATAL: ac to gl: unrecognised token ' crease 45.0000'.

So, in the new AC3D version, they added a so called "token". This means
that the new version saves some additional info that the old version
does not. Since PLIB does not (yet ;-)) know about this,  PLIB throws
the above error message. I can even guess what the new info does: It
says edges less than 45 degrees are smooth and more than 45 degrees are
sharp.

Since AC3D V4 always saves in the new format, it does not mater whether
you changed something.

Anyway, send me a small file with the problem and I will have a look.

As ulta-short-term workaround, you could do this:
Open the file in an ascii editor like notepad. Search for the line. I
would guess the
"crease 45.0000"
stands alone on one line. Delete it. Make sure there are no other lines
like it. Try again.

>Bye bye,
Wolfram.
Thanks Wolfram you are bang on.It appears this is a new feature in 4.0
which Plib has not caught up with.The easiest solution I can think of is
to reinstall the previous version of AC3D and use it till a fix can be found.
I just would be interested if someone in here who is using v4.0 has got it
to work.
I will follow your advice and see if the crease statement on occurs once
or more often.

Thaks for the replies

Cheers
Innis