Andy Ross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Some "before & after" FlightGear screenshots are available at:
>
>   http://www.plausible.org/vertsplit
>
>   [Be patient if things seem slow; there is 400k of images on that page
>    and my DSL line has a 128kbps upload rate.  If you don't want to
>    wait, download the code instead and try it for yourself. :)]

This looks great.  Actually on my local copy of the 747 I've split the objects
so that the flap surfaces look like that now.  In addition to this change,
it'd still be good IMHO to eliminate the merging of vertices (so that the
modeler can decide where the splits are in AC3D and have it then rendered
correctly in plib).

How does the performance look (I'll take a look at your code tomorrow)?  When
I got into this a couple weeks ago,  flightgear seemed to really drag for a
while (longer) loading the KSFO area after I added the angle tests.  BTW, I
was also using the j3cub as a test case.  The change really makes it look good!

One maybe nit...is there an unintended split occuring down the center of the
747 fuselage?  It seems like a sharp shade transition there (after pic).

Best,

Jim