>  > At full throttle and a 1500 fpm decent it wouldn't go over 140
>  > knots. In real life it would hit VNE very quickly.
>
> Is that true?  I've never taken a 172 that fast in real life, but they
> are very draggy.  In fact, when someone in a slick gets into a spiral,
> one of the recommended emergency procedures is to drop the gear (which
> will then have to be inspected before further flight).
>
> David

I just tried the default Cessna 172-3D.  It climbed out at 2500 rpm (engine
rpm) and when I got to 1,500 feet I pushed the nose over to a 45 degree
downward pitch and accelerated quickly past the redline and was still
accelerating at 155 knots when I pulled up to avoid the obstacle in front of
me (a looming planet).

The recent release seems to work fine in the above-questioned regard.

Jon