"John Barrett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Unless there are objections, byte order is little endian, and floats are =
> intel FPU standard (ok -- i'm making it easy on the PCs that will likely =
> be used to run display clients :)

I'm not qualified to comment on the float size, others may do. But I'd
recommend to stick to common convention regarding byte order. This
should comply to network byte order (big-endian in most cases I usually
deal with).
Anyway I'm delighted to see a documented wire protocol proposal.

Thanks,
        Martin.