Curtis L. Olson writes:
> Bernie Bright writes:
> > SGSocket::readline() and SGSocket::read() do act differently.  For a
> > server, readline() correctly handles the accept and reads from the new
> > socket.  read() also handles the accept but reads from the master socket.
> > I'm not sure if this is intentional or if its a bug.
>
> Someone else wrote in reporting a problem here.  THey also said that
> reading from the new socket fixed the problem in read().  If it seems
> to make sense, maybe we should make read() read from the new socket?

It looks like readline() uses sock.recv() for UDP style sockets and
client->recv() for tcp style sockets.  I will make read() work the
same way and hope I don't break anything.  Judging from style and lack
of familiarity, I don't think it was me who wrote the code.

Regards,

Curtis Olson   HumanFIRST Program               FlightGear Project
Twin Cities    curt 'at' me.umn.edu             curt 'at' flightgear.org
Minnesota      http://www.flightgear.org/~curt  http://www.flightgear.org