On Sunday, 4 January 2004 15:38, Josh Babcock wrote:
> I'm playing with this because I am designing an ac3d model in Blender,
> and am having a great deal of trouble getting the edges and shading to
> look right.  Currently fixing most of the problems will be very dificult
> and involve creating a lot more groups and objects in the .ac file than
> there really need to be, and some, like making the leading edge of a
> wing smooth and the trailing edge sharp, seem impossible.

What I do is separate flat surfaces into separate objects.
Flat/planar objects can obviously not be smoothed so it works great for
cockpit windows. However I'm not sure how this will work for trailing edges.

I've only just started doing some wing modeling so I'll let you know tommorrow
if I managed to get it right.
I'm also using Blender (2.31) with the AC3D Python export script and so far
I've had no hassles.

Paul