Hi Curtis,

I post my answers to the list as your questions where so good that they
deserve to be answered in public :-)

> Cool, it seems to actually work on my machine!

Great!

> 1. How big is the "source" for the CD?  This might be interesting to have
> access to for people who would want to build a us-centric cd that defaults
> to english and defaults to usa keybindings.

The source is the Knoppix CD. I just copied the contents of the original
Knoppix CD into a directory, rearranged all the things and made a new
CD-Image. There is no real "source code" here...
I thought a while about internationalization of this CD and came to the
conclusion that it can only be a compromize. There can only be one default
and people with a different locale have to reconfigure. If we try to make
this "right" for everybody we have to provide an extra CD image for every
locale. Maybe we should create an extra CD for at least the 3-5 largest
locales on our lovely planet.
This includes Switzerland because _I_ live here :-)

> 2. It would be interesting to have flightgear startup automatically rather
> than just giving an icon to click on.

Yes, this would be useful. I read about a program FGKicker or so, which can be
used for choosing all the settings before starting FG. Maybe I should add
that.

> 3. It would also be interesting to have a webbrowswer on board with an icon
> (or icons) to click on for the various documenation.

Try opening the help from within FG. There is Konqueror onboard. It can even
embed nicely the PDF-Documentation.

> 4. It would be interesting to possibly incorporate fgrun.sf.net, or have
> the app start up with --enable-game-mode (which == full screen.)

I tried fullscreen that but it does not look good. It flickers horrible at
startup and you cant see the browser when you open the help within FG.

> 5. You also need the following button:
>     [ ] Upgrade your system to Linux and install FlightGear

Where do you want to have it? Somewhere in the cockpit panel or
in the menu? :-)

> 7. Another thing that would be nice would be to have the ability to script
> out a bunch of demo flights with different aircraft, different locations,
> different times, different weather, etc.  Much of the infrastructure for
> that is in place, but we could probably do some more work to make that
> easier.

I am pretty new to FG and know almost nothing about it. May someone from the
list can give me some directions and/or create some example demo flight data
for me?

> Pretty cool, good work!

Dito. I am very impressed by the flightgear project and happy to be able to
give something back.

Greetings

Ronny