Op woensdag 21 januari 2004 10:10, schreef Erik Hofman:
> Ronny Standtke wrote:
> > Hi Curtis,
> >
> > I post my answers to the list as your questions where so good that they
> > deserve to be answered in public :-)
> >
> >>2. It would be interesting to have flightgear startup automatically
> >> rather than just giving an icon to click on.
> >

> I would think it would be best to use FlightGear as the window manager.
> You could acomplish this:
> http://baron.flightgear.org/pipermail/flightgear-devel/2002-March/006012.ht
>ml

That's how I used to run flightgear. In my bin folder I placed a script
startfgfs that I could start from the console, which would start the x
server, at a very low resolution and start flight gear. Of course, I could
still use the startx for all the other things.

Because no window manager runned (resources) and because my resolution was
smaller (800*600) I got a noteable increase in frame rate. I used this
procedure on a i810 celeron 400Mhz with 128Mb ram and got a frame rate of 8
fps. Still not very fast, but I think that machine was way under the specs
for a program like flight gear.

Pieter