Hi Tim

"Tim Jelliffe" writes>
Hi guys,

I have a general question regarding the creation of a model. I have been working on creating a model of a Learjet 55, using CATIA V5. This is mainly because I used this during my degree and am basically familiar with it. I am also determined to have a model which is as close to the real thing as possible. This means if the fuselage is 2m in diameter, I want the model to have a 2m diameter fuselage as well! CATIA is awesome for this.
You have just discovered the trade off we all have to make between realism and polygon count.
It is not the size of the model but the number of surfaces to make the model that count.E.G: the
circle for the fuselage can have 8 points 40 points or 100 points and though the 100 point one will
look great it would just bring the sim to a grinding halt.So we need to choose what we think looks
reasonable and does not load the sim and this applies to every component on the model.
If you already know this then just consider this the ramblings of an old man and ignore it.

Tim J

cheers
Innis
The Mad Aussi