Curt wrote:

> It very well could be a model setup issue at which point it's probably
> beyond my ability to debug, but with the JSBSim c310, I took off, climbed
> to a comfortable altitude and speed, and chopped the throttle on my right
> engine.  Then I slowly pitched up to bleed off speed little by little.  As
> the speed bled off, I held my heading with rudder and kept the
> wings level with aileron.
>
>  From the readme:
>
>      Minimum single-engine control speed (Vmca): 75 KIAS
>
> However, I was able to fly right through this until I got the stall horn,
> (about 60 kts?) and all the time, the rudder had plenty of effectiveness
> hold heading.  In the real thing (assuming the README is correct) at about
> 75 knots the rudder loses enough effectiveness to hold heading against the
> one good engine at full throttle and you begin an uncontrollable yaw.
This
> doesn't happen right now in the JSBSim C310 anyway.

As for the -310, I think we may have fixed both the propeller model and the
stability issue. If someone wants to try out the C-310 doing the same test
that Curt did above, I'd be interested to hear the results. I'll get to it
sooner or later, but if someone else wants to grab the aircraft from JSBSim
CVS and get the modified FGPropeller.cpp from JSBSim CVS, go ahead.

Jon