Tony Peden said:

> The trimming routine is not the problem.
>
> Jim W. said it himself, the behavior changes when -9999 is set as the
> altitude.  Well, the only place such logic exists is in src/Main, not
> src/FDM.  I think eyeballs need to be directed that way.  Furthermore,
> nothing regarding the trimming routine has changed for at least three
> weeks.

They have been.  The problem has been there unnoticed for several weeks.  And
yes it can be "fixed" there.  This is a problem that has been there before,
and seems to be unique to JSBSim.

> I really am at a loss to explain why we have to go through this "blame
> the trimming routine" routine every time it fails.  The trimming
> routine does not do magic, it's just a 6-dof zero finder, something
> every engineer learns how to code in school. It is not a mysterious
> black box.  As such, it is no different than any other piece of code:
> GIGO.

My question and I think Mathias' question is do we need this test in JSBsim.cxx?

  if ( fgGetBool("/sim/presets/onground") )
  {
    fgic->SetVcalibratedKtsIC(0.0);
    fgtrim = new FGTrim(fdmex,tGround);
  } else {
    fgtrim = new FGTrim(fdmex,tLongitudinal);
  }

What JSBSim does that YASim does not is if the aircraft is a little too close
to the ground at initialization JSBSim hurls the thing up in the air.  Why is
it that only JSBSim reacts by flipping over the Cessna?

Best,

Jim