On Montag, 5. April 2004 16:47, Jim Wilson wrote:
> My question and I think Mathias' question is do we need this test in
> JSBsim.cxx?
>
>   if ( fgGetBool("/sim/presets/onground") )
>   {
>     fgic->SetVcalibratedKtsIC(0.0);
>     fgtrim = new FGTrim(fdmex,tGround);
>   } else {
>     fgtrim = new FGTrim(fdmex,tLongitudinal);
>   }
Yes, this is my question.
I also think that this /sim/presets directory should be either built up to the
idea someone noted in this thread before or should be removed. That way noone
can rely on stuff not really maintained ...

> What JSBSim does that YASim does not is if the aircraft is a little too
> close to the ground at initialization JSBSim hurls the thing up in the air.
Yep, looks really crazy. You can watch this during replay. But get your
popcorn first :)
> Why is it that only JSBSim reacts by flipping over the Cessna?
Not shure, I could imagine that this is caused by the way the gear springs are
configured. If the nose gear spring is very stiff, it just pushes the nose
much heavier into the sky than the tail. So it ends upside down ...

   Greetings

       Mathias

--
Mathias FrÃhlich, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]