Josh Babcock said:

> Josh Babcock wrote:
> > I just did my first recompile in a few months and everything seemed to
> > build fine including openal, but at runtime I get this:
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] SimGear]$ fgfs
> > fgfs: error while loading shared libraries: libopenal.so.0: cannot open
> > shared object file: No such file or directory
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] SimGear]$ ls -l /usr/local/lib/*openal*
> > -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       424510 May  6 17:09
> > /usr/local/lib/libopenal.a
> > lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           33 May  6 17:09
> > /usr/local/lib/libopenal.so -> /usr/local/lib/libopenal.so.0.0.7
> > lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           33 May  6 17:09
> > /usr/local/lib/libopenal.so.0 -> /usr/local/lib/libopenal.so.0.0.7
> > -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       330457 May  6 17:09
> > /usr/local/lib/libopenal.so.0.0.7
> >
> > Anybody know what I did wrong?  I even ran a few of the tests, and they
> > seemed to run fine.
> >
> > Josh

> Oh, yeah SimGear and FlightGear were straight out of CVS this morning.

That openal install doesn't update your linker bindings.  Just run ldconfig
and the library will be found.

That reminds me...it appears that there are no "releases" so to speak of
openal.  I could only find cvs.  Anyone know more about this?  Will this be an
issue for our *nix users or do the latest distros all include some form of openal?

Best,

Jim