On Sat, 15 May 2004 19:09:21 -0400
"Ampere K. Hardraade" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have been doing some hunting lately; namely, looking for information
> regarding the MD-11's flightdeck: dimensions, layout, technical
> diagrams, etc.  I have tried many search keywords on the Internet, my
> local library, as well as my university's library.  So far, I have no
> luck.
>
> I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find the above information.

I can't help you with dimensions or technical diagrams or stuff like that.
But since you included layout, and said you've had no luck, did you try
a Google "Images" search?  I know that images of the panel are not as
useful as detailed layout info; but hey, better than nothing.  Through a
Google "Images" search, I got some panel images that way; to whit,

http://agrosz.com/md11/gallery/cockpit1large.jpg
http://agrosz.com/md11/gallery/cockpit2large.jpg
http://agrosz.com/md11/gallery/cockpit3large.jpg
http://agrosz.com/md11/gallery/cockpit4large.jpg

Also, going here:

http://airliners.net/search/

and doing a search on "McDonnell Douglass MD-11" as the Aircraft Type,
and "Flight Decks (Cockpits)" as the Category, got me 127 different MD-11
cockpit photos, including close-ups of various parts of the hardware.

Here's an (unfortunately fairly small) diagram of the captain's
panel:

http://www.si-properties.com/sat98/images/news_16-10-98_cockpit.jpg

Here are some other photos that maybe useful:

tttp://www.thaiops.com/images/tcas1.jpg
http://www.thaiops.com/images/tcas2.jpg
http://www.tsb.gc.ca/en/media/photo_database/A98H0003/md_11/md11_5.asp
http://www.lindauer-fly.ch/ck_swiss_md11.htm

These people, for $25, seem to sell a poster that reproduces the
cockpit instrumentation layout in detail:

http://www.avsoft.net/md%2011%20stuff.htm

I hope some of this is helpful.

-c

                (remove "snip-me." to email)