> Have you checked this page:
> http://www.boeing.com/assocproducts/aircompat/3d_view.html
>
> It contains .dxf drawings of the different Boeings (and MD/DCs)

A GOLD MINE!

I searched high and low and I have never found stuff like that... and it is so
close too!  I visit the Boeing's website practically everyday!

With the DXF files, I can do some shape merging in 3D Studio and get a 100%
accurate model!

> When doing my B717, I used qcad to measure things from these drawings.
> Like engine placement, pilot viewpoint and also got me started with
> the 3D model (which isn't finished yet, so if someone wants to finish
> the 3D model... raise your hand :-)
> The jsbsim aero file should be quite flyable.
>
> so... any takers for the 3D model ? Its in Blender format.

I wouldn't mind taking a look at it, although I will have to finish the MD-11
first.  That may take a while.

Thanks,
Ampere