I'm trying to compile SimGear. When the make hits the clouds3d directory I get a screen full of errors that tell me that various symbols are being "redeclared as different kind of symbol", all of them in extgl.c. All the errors refer to symbols in gl.h: glBlendColor, glBlendEquation, glDrawRangeElements, etc - there are a lot of them. Can SOMEONE tell me why this is happening?

The env:
cygwin, rebuilt earlier today using the latest components (including GLUT 3.7.6)
gcc 3.3.1
SimGear was checked out from CVS at about 5pm
plib 1.8.3
zlib 1.2.1

Thanks for your help.

-j