Joe wrote:

Apparently it's not the compiler, either. I noticed that a lot of folks were having this sort of problem with the 3.3.1 version of gcc, so I rebuilt to 3.3.2 (a version that other people had had success with, even though it's not the latest) and it's still throwing the same errors at me.

Does anyone have some hints?

-j

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: PLEASE HELP - compiling SimGear Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 20:20:08 -0400 From: Joe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'm trying to compile SimGear. When the make hits the clouds3d directory I get a screen full of errors that tell me that various symbols are being "redeclared as different kind of symbol", all of them in extgl.c. All the errors refer to symbols in gl.h: glBlendColor, glBlendEquation, glDrawRangeElements, etc - there are a lot of them. Can SOMEONE tell me why this is happening?

The env:
cygwin, rebuilt earlier today using the latest components (including
GLUT 3.7.6)
gcc 3.3.1
SimGear was checked out from CVS at about 5pm
plib 1.8.3
zlib 1.2.1

Do you have the cygwin x11 packages installed? I've heard reports that that ships with a different conflicting gl.h file.
If you don't have a specific reason to have the x11 packages installed, the easiest thing would probably be to remove them (or at least temporarily rename the /usr/X11R6 directory.)

Unique text: 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d