Curtis L. Olson wrote:

Unfortunately I am having trouble digging up any definitive references at the moment, but google showed me a lot of used medical equipment for sale. :-( Anyone remember when google used to be useful?

I tried

  "dme bias" ils

and Google was happy to oblige, bringing me to the DAFIF documentation at

  https://164.214.2.62/dafif/dafif_0405_ed7/docs/ed7/ddd/ch_04.doc

Here's the definition of "DME Bias" from that document:

  THIS ELEMENT IS TO INDICATE THE DISTANCE IN NAUTICAL MILES AND TENTHS OF A
  NAUTICAL BETWEEN THE DME AND ASSOCIATED LANDING THRESHOLD.

In other words, it's only the distance that should appear on the DME when you cross the runway threshold, not any modification to the DME transmission itself. This should be pretty easy to confirm: if you can post the published bias values for a few ILS approaches, I can check them against the NACO approach plates.

All the best,

David