On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 10:00:44 -0700, Andy wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Alex Perry wrote:
> > I just noticed that the Debian autobuilder had quietly gone off and
> > made AMD64 packages to run FlightGear 0.9.4 and all its dependencies
> > in 64-bit. I did "sudo apt-get install flightgear" and "fgfs" ...
> > and it ran fine.
> >
> > The framerate was just over 1fps, but that's because the laptop has
> > the ATI 9600 chipset so I have to choose between the unaccelerated
> > open source driver or the 32-bit only accelerated closed source

..which laptop and which X?  How does 32- and 64-bit glxgears compare,
native screen (no resizing), full screen and "same as FG"?

> > driver from ATI. I used the accelerated driver, running in a chroot
> > on a biarch kernel, but ATI's kernel module doesn't compile for
> > 64-bit so I couldn't use it.

..does ATI know?

..http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ports-status and tadaaa:
http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/install-images/sid-amd64-cdrom.iso

> It has a 64MB Geforce card (an NV17 -- a little old, but fast enough)
> that runs 32 bit FlightGear quite nicely.

..anyone else on 64-bit iron out there?

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: