James Turner wrote:

Of course, I'm not sure anyone will be able to beat Jon Stockhill and co's amazing efforts at LUDEX back in April this year.

Heh, thanks - on that note, the south yorkshire air museum at doncaster are having a simulator day on 5th September. I don't have many more details yet, but I'm hoping to have a chat with the organiser soon to find out just what's going on, and may be there with a bunch of air cadets showing off the simulator that they're working on (running flightgear of course), and just generally representing flightgear too.

The museum have just got hold of a simulator from the RAF too - looks to be for some sort of large transport aircraft - 2 seats, plus instructor position, and a 42u rack full of pcs and interfaces. It didn't have a display system when I saw it, so I'm unsure if it is instruments only or if the display system is yet to be delivered, but it looks like it could be fun, and who knows - if there's no display maybe it's possible to retrofit it with flightgear :-)

--
Jon Stockill