This should have a mind-blowingly easy solution, but I can't find it
anywhere.

With most programs that use plib's netsocket.cxx, under MingW, the
wsock32 library has to be included, or you get undefined errors.

How do I include it at configure (or even make) time? I've tried all
sorts of mucking around with LDFLAGS (LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -lwsock32" etc),
but to no avail. The only workaround I have at present is manually
editing makefile.in in every directory where the problem occurs, which
isn't exactly elegant.

(I think this is a problem with PLIB, not FlightGear, but I need to work
out how to patch it before submitting a patch)

Giles Robertson