Arnt Karlsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 19:03:35 -0700, Istvan wrote in message
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
>> Since the JSBSIM update some days ago the f16 model stopped working
>> properly for me. The elevator appears to be oscillating randomly, it's
>> seemingly in a different position for each frame update.
>
> ..the real thing does this too.
>
>> This is visible in the model animation
>
> ..how much?  As much as the real thing?  AFAIK, the elevators
> bangs less an inch or so, around 50(?) times a sec [...]

The frequency could be right (I get around 25fps so hard to say) but
the movement looks a lot more than an inch. As far as I can see the
elevators constantly flicker across their whole range of possible
positions.

You might be on the right track though. I just experimented some more:
If I start out with sitting on the runway, no wind, zero airspeed the
elevators are steady. As soon as I start rolling, even at a low speed
they go crazy. And the flickering doesn't stop even after I come to a
full stop again.

--
        Istvan