Chris Horler wrote:

Good afternoon,

I've been 'away' for a while - no internet connection for two months, didn't really miss it. I now have ~5000 emails to catch up with, luckily most of those are mailing list related.

I'm going to buy a laptop very soon (pay day approaches). I wondered if anyone had a Rock Pegasus Ti with a 1.7GHz Pentium -M ( new core type) and 1GB of memory and a 7200rpm HDD. This is what I'm considering buying at the moment.

Can anyone recommend a similarly specificed machine for less, looking equally good? Price all in looks about 1500 gbp at the moment. Points to consider are weight and battery life - I'm estimating about 3-4 hrs on battery life for this model running at full pelt.

I've never bought a loptop for myself, but when I look, the first thing I try to figure out is what video subsystem comes with it and how much video ram. I know I can get GeForce based laptops to run well. I assume that ATI based laptops also work well, especially with windows. But if you find some other random video chipset that you've never heard of before, you might do well to skip it ... at least if you plan to do any sort of 3d graphics on your laptop.

Regards,

Curt.

Unique text: 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d