"Curtis L. Olson" wrote:

> If we put banner adds on our web site, and one of our visiters clicks
> through and buys something from this company (being referred from our
> site) then we would get a 10% commission from the sale.

I don't have any objections agains this idea. I just a bit unsure if
it's really "the right thing"  ;-)
I assume in order to enable "The Flightgear Project" to accept funds
you hve to establish some sort of organization, legal entity. The costs
of running this organization might eliminate the funds ....
Much better (and significantly harder to get) is an employment for a
FlightGear developer,

Martin.