I've got the FDMs waiting while the scenery loads on startup.  Mid air starts
are smooth again and even ground starts are a little nicer, especially if
you've left the throttle on the joystick open full.  The screen shows the
scene as it always does, the aircraft just isn't moving.  Someone mentioned
putting up a "Loading Scenery" message while this is going on.  What's the
best way to do this?  At the moment I'm not interested in doing a fuel gauge.
 Just a pop-up would suffice.

Tomorrow night I'll look and see if the technique still makes sense when more
awake (I have a slightly different approach in mind anyway).

Thanks,

Jim