Jim Wilson wrote:

> Bernie Bright said:

> > > That's a head scratcher. Never would have thought that would compile like
> > > that. Learn something new everyday.
> >
> > C++ provides keyword equivalents to some operators:
> >
> > and &&
> > and_eq &=
> > bitand &
> > bitor |
> > compl ~
> > not !
> > or ||
> > or_eq |=
> > xor ^
> > xor_eq ^=
> > not_eq !=
> >
> > However it seems that we should use the traditional operators to prevent
> > msvc from choking.
> >

> Sure enough, it's right there in Stroustrup. The strange part is never having
> noticed this before now. What is it with these developers at microsoft
> anyway? ;-)

They don't consider that a variable declared in the initialization part of a for loop
must be seen as local to the loop. So, don't ask them to add new keywords.
They just invent new languages ( C#, J#, ... ) ;-)
I am not using their latest version though, but I am not keen to multiply
programming styles in a single program.

-Fred