Giles Robertson wrote:

My own take on funding for FlightGear is that funding FGFS itself may be difficult, but we might well be able to get corporate funding for developing SimGear as a simulation kernel. Flight Simulators don't appeal to a huge sector of the market; but an architecture on which you can build any simulation you want sounds much more attractive and useful. The likely return on a wider project could be much greater than that simply on a flight simulator.

I think this is a better approach, convince all the (research) projects to donate a tiny amount of their research budget back to FlightGear, being it code additions, hardware to run the site, or financial ones.

Erik

--
Searching for a 60 to 100 passenger Jetliner?
http://www.rekkof.nl/