Erik Hofman wrote:

> Frederic Bouvier wrote:
> > I am looking for the effect created by submodels and I
> > still haven't saw one. The line in system_mgr.cxx is
> > uncommented and I started with the f16 (--aircraft=f16 )
> >
> > Now, what I am supposed to see. According to the f16-set.xml
> > file, Ctrl-F is supposed to trigger flares, but when sat
> > on the runway in external view, I can't see any when
> > hitting Ctrl-F.
>
> A flare should be released at the left-backwards side of the model.
> Sometimes you need to hold ctrl+f a bit longer to see a release.

Has it been written somewhere that ai models must be enabled
( --enable-ai-models ) ?

now I see flares when I hit ctrl-f but all 40 are released in a
row. The property systems/submodels/submodel[0]/flare-release
stay true after releasing the key.

last, the second submodel, the contrail, is triggered by
systems/submodels/submodel[0]/smoke .
Perhaps systems/submodels/submodel[1]/smoke would be better ?

-Fred