Manuel Massing wrote:

There would still be a fair amount of work left to integrate such an engine
into flightgear, even after the release of the engine, but given enough
interest, I'd like to work on the remaining issues (I guess on the flightgear
side e.g. defining and implementing a more loosely coupled API for the terrain
subsystem;  scenery creation toolchain etc.).

Please tell me if that sounds interesting / useable!

It sounds VERY interesting, the sample images and video look extremely impressive. If it does get released under the GPL, and can be integrated then I think it'd be a crime not to try.

What sort of tools are available for producing the scenery?

How difficult is it to include other 3d models in the rendering? (Things like aircraft, ground features, etc)

--
Jon Stockill