Oliver C. wrote:
On Saturday 25 September 2004 20:38, Boris Koenig wrote:

Making VATSIM/IVAO people switch to something like what Arnt
suggested, would really require to incorporate so many new
things ...just to make the change really feasible.

There's also a third ATC online network, VATSIM and IVAO are not the only ones. The third one is called FLIGHTPROJECT international (FPI). It is newer and with about only 10000 users a little smaller than VATSIM or IVAO but it is maybe a chance to ask them if they want to work together with FlightGear.

Here's the link:
http://www.flightproject.net/

yes, I did also stumble across FPI, but I read somewhere they were affiliated with Micro$oft directly ?

I didn't verify that information, but to be honest, I didn't
bother to mention them because of that ...

But yes, you're right: BEFORE there are any efforts started,
one should also talk to them, they might even be a bit more
'motivated' because of their situation in comparison with
VATSIM/IVAO, so maybe they're even more willing to 'change' ;-)

I will check their webpage tomorrow ...but even if they aren't
affilliated with MS, I did also read they would so far ONLY
suppport the MS FS ... :-/

--------- Boris