Hi all!

I've not touched the new submodel.*xx sources yet because I want your opinion
on how I should implement it into the other configurable systems.

The existing configurable systems are the pitot, static, and vacuum systems.
These are configured in one configuration file defaulting to
Aircraft/Generic/generic-systems.xml. I would like to include the
configuration of submodels in this file also, since submodels might be
classified as systems.

The submodel is coded somewhat differently from the other systems (pitot,
static and vacuum). The submodel class uses a vector of submodels to create
several submodels. The other systems only have one system in it's class. The
system manager (system_mgr.*xx) creates object instances of the system
classes. So for the submodel one object instance is created and it contains
all submodels, and for the others zero or more object instances are created.

I am inclined to modify submodel.*xx to "behave" like the other systems, and
to move the configuration of them from a separate file and into the systems
configuration file. I can think of a few good reasons for doing this:

* It makes sense to use the same philosophy for the systems. The
instrumentation also uses this philosophy.
* Fewer configuration files.
* The submodels will become independent so you could for example make one not
serviceable (jammed guns).

If nobody has any objections I will of course go ahead and implement these
changes as I have described.

--
Roy Vegard Ovesen