David Culp schrieb:
I've been playing with modeling St. Elmo's Fire as an instrument:

http://home.comcast.net/~davidculp2/stelmo-clear-sky.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~davidculp2/stelmo-in-clouds.jpg

which is convenient, but has some problems. The main problem here is that it's barely visible inside of clouds, where one would expect to see it. If I change the time-of-day to something darker the panel code darkens and redens everything, which ruins the effect.

Then of course there's the problem of setting up a boolean property that randomly, and rapidly, is "true", in order to model "flickering".

To increase contrast, you could draw the lines in black for one frame, then white for a few frames and then balck again for one frame.

This works at least for normal lightning (but it can be that it won't work here)

CU,
Christian