David Megginson wrote:
On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 15:36:33 +0000 (UTC), Martin Spott
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Explaining in pictures is easier than dealing with single-line-
equations  :-)  We'll see,

Multiple, sequential equations are welcome as well. Anything, really ...

Could you go into detail about what kind of compass/error we're talking ?

Is it a conventional whiskey compass, so I assume no gyro driven
instrument ?

I mean how is it modelled or what is the cause ?
That way it might be easier to come up with a formula/solution...

My first VERY simple *guess* would be that it might be because of an
imbalance in inertia of a compasses moving parts as soon as the pitch
changes accordingly.

------- Boris