I have been trying to build FlightGear 0.96 (CVS) on a Mac, and have been
using fgdev, and have followed the instructions in the FG users guide, as
well as the instructions included in fgdev, but I have run into a bunch of
problems.
Any help that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.
I have searched the lists and see that some others have had some of the same
problems, but I have not found postings of solutions.  I guess that the
instructions for building on a Mac in the users guide are somewhat out of
date.

I am using OSX 10.3.5 and I have Xcode 1.5 installed (gcc 3.3 and gcc
2.95.2).  The insructions say to use gcc 2.95, so I have started with that.
I also am using tcsh as instructed (which is no longer the Mac default).

First I found that by default I already had the versions of automake and
autoconf that the instructions say to build, so I did not do that.  (1.6.3
and 2.53 respectively)

I had trouble getting plib to build, but, after a few changes, got it to
compile.

The instructions next call for building metakit, but I assume that is now
included in SimGear?

Building SimGear failed with gcc 2.95.  When I switched to 3.3 it got much
further, but failed on testserial.  I was hoping that this is not critical.

So next I tried to build FlightGear itself:
./configure --prefix=$BUILDDIR --without-threads --without-x
configure: error: cannot run /bin/sh ./config.sub

I found that the reason is that config.sub does not exist.  Shouldn't
autogen.sh create this file?  Did I do something wrong?
(I see that someone else had the same problem and posted to the mailing
list, but I could not find a response).

So, where I think I stand is:  I have plib, I think that I have SimGear?  I
have downloaded and installed OpenAL and I can't get FG itself to even start
to compile.

Thanks,

-- Adam