----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Beeckman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "FlightGear developers discussions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 2:08 PM
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] Broadcast Address

> Citeren John Wojnaroski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> > I've been thinking of moving over to RTLinux (there is an open-source
> > GPL'd
> > version) in 2005. It fits nicely with the structure of the opengc
> > display
> > code.
>
> I'd like to mention RTAI (<http://www.rtai.org>), a Linux kernel patch
> to get the kernel working in real-time (even hard real-time!). RTAI is
> open source too, and even GPL if I remember correctly. I don't know how
> it fits with opengc, as I haven't found much info on the linux-port of
> OpenGC (which actually looks very interesting to me :-D).

There is also http://www.rtlinux.org which links over to
http://www.fsmlabs.com/ which has a version and source with a GPL license.

Without going into a long recap of the history, there was a earlier version
of OpenGC that ran under Linux that was "my child".  A few years back Damion
made some major changes to the project and licensing to allow for commercial
use in experimental aircraft. Something I was (am not) too keen on and that
software was removed.

For some pics of OpenGC running with FlightGear browse over to the Project
page on the FG website.

Regards
John W.