I am led to understand that the EU Parliament can only vote down elements of
the proposal at the second hearing if this is allowed at the Fisheries
commission meeting - is this correct.

It is pleasing to see that there are already over 1,700 signatories to the
support wiki. When I signed late last night there were only 31.