David Luff wrote:

Note that this doesn't work with the --enable-real-weather-fetch option - this is completely unaffected. I'd love to get the starting runway set sensibly with this option, but it's tricky. It seems to me that first general location must be initialised to get the correct weather, then the environment system needs to be initialised, and finally specific position needs to be set to get the correct runway. Ie runway depends on weather which depends on location. At the moment I'm stumped on getting the environment fully up and running during init - I can't seem to force an update of the relevent environment_ctrl.

Note that it would be possible to do a single fetch for METAR data for a particular airport without the need to initialize the environment class first. This would mean the same data would be fetched twice at startup, but not beyond that.

Erik