On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 15:02:22 +0000 (UTC), Martin Spott
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Unfortunately the conversion produces horrible costs ....  this might
> lower in the future because the way the engine is being assembled is
> going to be changed,

Lowering the conversion costs will help.  Another point might be
marketing position: right now, I can install a 135 hp Thielert in my
Warrior that will give me more-or-less the same performance as the 160
hp Lycoming currently in it, only burning about 35% less fuel.  Most
North American owners would be more interesting in performance --
selling a 180 hp engine that makes my Warrior fly like a Cherokee 236
(20 kt faster, much bigger useful load) with the same amount of fuel
I'm currently burning would be much more interesting.

All the best,

David

--
http://www.megginson.com/