On January 13, 2005 09:27 am, Christian Mayer wrote:
> The general wing geometry (i.e. the stuff you get from an 3-view) is one
> thing.
I don't use 3-view.

> The the real profile of the wing  is crucial here - and it's
> AFAIK kept as an trade secret.
That depends on how old the plane is:
http://www.aae.uiuc.edu/m-selig/ads/coord_database.html

Alternately, if you managed to get your hands on some technical documents on
the aircraft, you may be able to get the information you need regarding the
wing ribs' geometry.

> Your models also won't have enough detail (= polygons) to reflect that
> geometry in the needed detail (or they would be bad models for
> visualisation...)
Those models put into FlightGear definately don't have the detail required.
But If the author keeps the original spline cage of the aircraft, it won't be
difficult for he/she to come up with another model that does have enough
polygons.  However, it will be time consuming to make sure the model is
completely one piece.

Anyway, this may be useful for an engineering project of mine this term --
create a model glider.  Will it be appropiate for me to ask for advice here?

Ampere