On Wednesday 19 Jan 2005 01:14, Syd wrote:
> Hi all ... I see someone else is having problems with the B1900D.
> It was my first attempt  at a yasim aircraft ... and I still cant get it
> to fly right !
> I dont know about the counter rotating props ... it was a LOT of guess
> work. So if someone can find a cure for it or give me specs , I'll be
> happy to attempt to fix it . ( It is a long way from being finished).
> I did read somewhere that it had a wing incidence of about +3.5 at the
> root and -1 at the tip , but it crashes the program every time I try to
> implement it .
> Im currently fixing the panel for plib 1.8.4 , should be able to send an
> update tonight.
> Im afraid Ive tweaked the FDm to the point where it crashes FGFS AND
> FGRUN :) ... so I'll leave that out .Cheers
> Syd

> 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d

Lovely model!

Well, so far, I've counter-rotated the props for now till I can find out if
they do in real life.

I've got the thing flying reasonably and the stall normalised at about 80-85
dirty / 100ish clean.

I've already experienced what you mention with the incidence at the tips (the
twist of the wing). I'm trying to work out if I can make an average between
the two that wont make Yasim throw the toys out of the pram.

I've also managed to reduce the 'dragster' runway performance a bit but it
needs more work to match up things like rate-of-climb etc to the real
figures.

Cheers

Dave Martin