Arthur Wiebe said:

> I am not a religious person but do believe Jesus Christ meant it when
> he said "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every
> creature" and saw this as another potential medium.

Did he also say "Go ye into the world and tell people you aren't religious
when you are"?  Don't be bashful about your beliefs, but....

> What I will do and am in the process of doing is update the package to
> include this in an About.rtf file:
>
> "The following contents have been included by Arthur Wiebe and may not
> reflect the views of any of the contributors or developers of the
> FlightGear project."
>
> O hope that satisfies this issue.

..do be mindful of the diversity here, even if you believe you are right and
just want to help others.  This isn't the right way to do it.  Any sort of
religious statement or even political statement would be received in a similar
fashion.  The flightgear project is really just about flight simulation and
that is all that makes this a community.  Would it be ok to just remove the
message from the distribution?

Best,

Jim