Erik Hofman writes:

> Paul Surgeon wrote:
> > Can someone comment on how FLTK works under OpenGL?
> >
> > Would it be possible to use FLTK and all it's nice widgets in FG and drop
> > the
> > rather crude PUI toolkit?
>
> To be honest, I did some small first steps in developing using fltk
> recently and I didn't particularly like it (from a developers point of
> view).

Nice thing about points of view is every one has one:-)

I actually appreciate FLTK's leaness and find it a joy to
work with in comparison to the do every thing nature of
most of the other cross platform GUI kits.

> Also fltk works the other way around, you will have to design an fltk
> program that displays OpenGL content.
>
> And third, I didn't think fltk allows one to display FlightGear in
> full-screen mode, or does it?

Full screen mode is doable in FLTK
http://fltk.org/documentation.php/doc-1.1/Fl_Window.html#Fl_Window.fullscreen

FWIW when I used to run FGFS inside of PPE the FGFS GUI still worked
as well as the PPE's FLTK GUI  and when PPE was in fullscreenmode:you
didn't even know it was running  :-)

Cheers

Norman