On January 21, 2005 09:01 am, Frederic Bouvier wrote:
> Quoting Innis Cunningham:
> >   "Curtis L. Olson" writes
> >
> > >Innis,
> > >
> > >I had no problem loading the version Ampere sent me in v0.9.8.  I did
> > >notice there was a large (and seemingly arbitrary) mix of file
> > > permission, capitalization, etc.  I'm running linux.  If you are
> > > running windows, perhaps there is a dos/unix line ending problem in one
> > > of the files?
> >
> > Thanks Curt and yes I am runing windows.
> > But if there was a line ending problem would this have not showed up
> > in 9.6 and 9.5.In these versions it runs without trouble.
>
> The ac loader has been overhauled and many features were added, and
> regressions or stricter checked could have sneak in. Send me privately this
> model if you want me to test on the windows platform with adequate
> debugging tools.
>
> -Fred
Problem fixed.
There was a dependency on the 747.  This will be removed in the future.

Now, I got a little problem of my own.  Initially, I couldn't compile plib
because it kept saying that I am missing glList and glLookat.  This was
"fixed" after I installed mesag3, and the computer automatically removed
libraries belonged to x-window and x-lib-mesa.

There was no problem during compilation after that.  Everything went smoothly
until I tried to run FlightGear.

After entering the command line, the FlightGear window poped up, showed me the
splash screen, then the entire system frozed.  I could hear the harddrive
working like crazy.  This went on for about 5 minutes, then FlighGear
terminated with a message "Terminated"... very helpful.

I tried pipping the output into a text file.  Unfortunately, the file was
incompleted for some reason.

I assume this problem I am having is related to the package changes.  I want
to hear opinions from you guys before I reinstall x-lib-mesa again.

Ampere